|Gardner's Accounting and Finance Update|
Hi Everyone! Hoping that you had a wonderful summer and were able to enjoy some time with family and friends.
Fall is officially here, and as we all begin to ramp back up, we thought we would keep our newsletter brief but give you a quick look at what we feel is good news for all of us.
The bottom line is that it appears that the worst of the recession is over! In general, our observations include:
- The number of companies laying off employees has declined steadily over the summer months and hiring is on an uptick.
- Many of the placements we made this summer were for newly created positions, which is always a good indicator of a turning tide.
- The majority of our candidates were busy interviewing throughout June and July, two of the slower months for hiring.
- A very high percentage of our candidates received multiple job offers.
- Our clients are indicating that hiring will ramp back up during September and through the remainder of the fourth quarter.
In the Northeast, it still holds true, as we have indicated since the beginning of the downturn, that the overall percentage of Accounting and Finance professionals who found themselves unemployed, were fewer than in the majority of other fields. This is just one of the many unusual, counter-intuitive side notes of this past recession. The recessions we've witnessed over the past 20 years, have typically affected Accounting and Finance professionals much harder than this go around.
Gardner Resources wants to thank all of you for your continued support of our organization and we look forward, as always, to continuing to help you staff your organizations and assist anyone you know in their job search.
If you are a job seeker, our open positions are posted on our website at www.grgc.com. If you are looking to hire top talent, please contact us at 781-444-8787.
Best wishes, The Gardner Resources Group Team